- 1kg diced chicken breast
- 300 – 450g fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4-5 large sliced carrots
- red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3-4 teaspoons cornflower
- 1/4 cup honey or unrefined sugar.
In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce ingredients. If you are just making the sauce for future consumption follow this step otherwise follow the next paragraphs. In a small sauce pan, over medium to low heat, heat the sauce until thicken stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes. Let the sauce cool and store it in a glass air tight container in the refrigerator.
1. In a large heavy bottom saute pan, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil.
2. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
4. While the chicken is cooking, steam your broccoli.
5. Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens.
6. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
7. Serve over brown rice or rice noodles.
(Recipe Credited to Fitness Recipes Facebook Page)
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.