Recipe credited to www.veganeasy.org
These little fritters are a good way to get kids eating their veggies. You don’t have to stick to the vegetables used here, you could use any veggies you like (potato and pumpkins may need to be pre-cooked). You could also add chopped fresh herbs or a spoonful of dairy-free pesto to the mixture. These fritters have been served with some fresh rocket and spicy tomato relish.
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 cup soy milk, or other dairy-free milk
– 1 corn cob, cut the corn kernels off the cob
– 1/2 large zucchini, grated
– 1/2 carrot, grated
– 2 broccoli florets, finely chopped
– 1 spring onion, finely sliced
– Salt and pepper
1. Mix the flour and soy milk to form a batter.
2. Stir through the veggies and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and add a little oil. Add a tablespoon of the mixture to the pan at a time, shaping into small rounds. Cook the fritters until brown on one side then flip over carefully and cook the other side.
4. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.