Fitness Myth Busters With Tegan Caulfield
Myth #1: The Dreaded Shake Diet!
Shake Diets are…
Good for Weight Loss…. FALSE
Meal Replacement Shakes – There is so much wrong with this style of “dieting” so here are some major points to be aware of…
- They are usually a cocktail of chemicals and fillers!
- They are designed to make you feel full so you don’t eat
- Despite what the pretty labels say…there is NO special shake can speed up your metabolism and burn fat off you like magic.
- They starve your body of vital nutrients and help you lose some fat along with a whole lot of muscle! Lowering your metabolic rate which is the exact opposite of what you actually need to do to lose fat permanently.
- You will learn absolutely nothing about fuelling your body properly so it is highly likely that you will gain more body fat then you had in the first place once you have finished your diet.
- A healthy diet does not have a start or finish. Your body is a side effect of your lifestyle so your nutrition needs to be healthy and consistent or else your body will yoyo the same as your nutrition.
- You will feel a bit fuzzy in the head while on the shake diet because your brain is starving!!
A better weight loss strategy….
- Eat whole foods. Progress will be less dramatic but you will feel better, and be so much healthier.
- Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.
- Listen to your body and learn what foods make you feel good/bad/tired/energised….
- Exercise often with intensity!
- Stress less – find a way to deal with it, if you don’t it will fester like a cancer.
- Get more sleep.
- Get some sun – no need to burn just get outside in the fresh air for 15mins and soak up some natural vitamin D instead of drinks a fake form of it in your shake.
If you have any questions about this article, please let us know!!
If you have any HOT TOPICS you’d like answered, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond to it in our monthly newsletter!!!
** FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Myth Busters from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.