- 500g Chicken Mince
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (or parsley if you are a coriander hater) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 medium zucchinis (spiralized/thin strips with a peeler)
- 1 carrot (spiralized/thin strips with a peeler)
- Half red capsicum
- Quarter red cabbage
- 2-3 spring onions
- Vermicelli Noodles
For the glaze
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Put all the ingredients for the meatballs in a medium bowl. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate the meatball mixture for 30 minutes to allow the chia seeds to work their gelling magic.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- With damp hands, roll the chicken mixture into balls. Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they’re not touching. You should have approximately 18 balls.
- Transfer the meatballs to the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and bake for another 10 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- While meatballs cook, spiralize the zucchinis and carrots and chop all other veggies for the noodles.
- Soak the vermicelli noodles.
- Cook the noodle ingredients on medium-low heat in a pan with a little oil of your choice.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for about 1 minute until it thickens slightly. Add a small amount of the glaze to the noodles, stir through the vermicelli when they are ready and cover until the veggies soften a little.
- When the meatballs are cooked through add them to the remaining glaze and stir gently to coat them.
- Serve the meatballs with your Zoodles and top with sesame seeds and any extra coriander or parsley.
- ENJOY! 🙂
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.