Ingredients: (approx 6 wraps)
800g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp corn flower
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup sliced spring onions, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1 red capsicum, cored, seeded and diced
1 225g can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves, for serving
1/2 cup roughly chopped unsalted cashews
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 3 1/2 – 4 minutes, or until cooked through, tossing occasionally.
2. Transfer chicken to a plate, add remaining oil and repeat with remaining chicken. While chicken is cooking, whisk together teriyaki sauce, water, corn flower and honey, set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and 3/4 cup green onions and saute 20 seconds.
4. Add capsicum and water chestnuts and saute 2 minutes. Whisk sauce mixture once more and pour into skillet.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken, leaving excess juices on plate, and carrots, toss and let warm through.
6. Serve over lettuce leaves with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
(Recipe Credited to Fitness Recipes Facebook Page)
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.