Ingredients: (serves 6)
* 1 cup (100g) walnuts
* 2 tbs brown sugar
* 2 avocados
* 2 mangoes
* 1kg cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
* 1 bunch watercress
* 3 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
* 2 tbs lemon juice
* 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spread the walnuts over a baking tray and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and 3 teaspoons cold water in a bowl. Add hot nuts and toss to coat in the sugar mixture. Return nuts to the baking tray and roast for a further 8 minutes or until crisp and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- Peel and dice avocados and mangoes, then place in a large bowl with prawns, watercress, cos leaves and nuts. Whisk together the lemon juice and oil, and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.