- Bag of chick pea flour (found with normal flours)
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 50ml coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 20g honey (you can use rice malt or maple syrup instead)
- 20g molasses (you can use honey or rice malt syrup instead)
Icing Ingredients: Coconut oil, Cacao powder, Honey to sweeten.
Mix all the ingredients in a food processor – mixture will be crumbly – form a ball with it. Taste to see if enough ginger for your liking.
Roll it out between 2 pieces of baking paper, cut the shapes you want and refrigerate for 30min-1 hour. Put it in the fridge on baking paper on the baking tray that you will bake them on so they can be taken straight from fridge to oven. The less handling the better.
Bake until brown – usually about 10min with a 175 degree fan forced oven. Let them cool on cake rack.
To make icing – put cacao powder in a bowl – add coconut oil to make consistency you require to decorate. Add honey to taste. You may need to add more cacao powder to thicken after adding honey.