Ingredients: (4 servings)
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into small cubes
– 1 bunch romaine lettuce hearts, cut into bitesize pieces (about 5 cups)
– 1/4 cup bottled Caesar salad dressing (choose lower fat option)
– 1/2 cup Caesar- or garlic- flavored croutons (or toast your own!)
– 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 4 garden spinach herb wraps
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 9 minutes.
3. Cool for 5 minutes or chill until ready to use. Place the cooled chicken in a large bowl.
4. Add the romaine and salad dressing. Toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle with the croutons, Parmesan and pepper. Toss gently. 6. Place the wraps on a work surface. Spoon a quarter of the romaine mixture onto center of each wrap. Fold the sides of the wraps over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
7. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 2 hours.
• Add ¼ cup crumbled bacon to the mixture in Step 2 for extra flavor.
• The wraps can be warmed in the microwave for about 15 seconds to make them softer and easier to fold.
• Use leftover roast beef, chopped, in place of the chicken.
• Try whole-wheat pocket bread instead of the wraps.
• Serve the wraps with juicy red grapes for a taste and color contrast!
These can be pre-packed and taken for lunch!