Ripe avocado halves stuffed with chilli spiced shrimp, herbs and tomatoes.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1 medium to large ripe avocado, halved and pit removed
1 teaspoon olive oil
200g of peeled and deveined small or medium shrimp
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with chilli powder and salt to taste, then add them to the pan.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 3 minutes, or until shrimp and pink and opaque.
3. Pour the lime juice over the shrimp, toss to coat.
4. Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the shrimp mixture evenly into each avocado half.
6. Sprinkle with tomatoes and coriander and serve.
(Recipe Credited to Fitness Recipes Facebook Page)
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.