Ingredients: (Serves 2)
– 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
– 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or your favorite greens
– ½ cup tomato, diced
– ¼ cup onion, diced (optional)
– Lime for dressing
For the quinoa:
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa (any variety white or golden, red, or black)
– 1 cup water
– ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Shrimp:
½ pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, crushed (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
¼ teaspoon EACH salt, onion powder, thyme, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper
1. To cook quinoa: Start off by boiling water for the quinoa. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a large saucepan. Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain well. Stir in salt and quinoa. Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. To Cook the shrimp: While the quinoa is cooking, In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, and spices. Heat a large heavy-duty non-stick pan to medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with a light drizzle of oil (if using a non-stick pan) and cook the shrimp in batches for 2 minutes per side or until charred and cooked through. Do not over-crowd the pan.
3. Divide lettuce (or greens) into two large serving bowls. Top each bowl with half the quinoa, shrimp, avocado, tomato, and onion. Drizzle with lime, sour cream, or your favourite dressing.
(Recipe Credited to Fitness Recipes Facebook Page)
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.