- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 40g melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 500g Pumpkin, cubed
- 3 figs, cut in to bite sized wedges
- ¼ cup milk
- 100g ricotta
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small handful basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 eggs (plus the 2 whites leftover from the base)
- 50g goats cheese
1. Roast Pumpkin cubes with a little olive oil for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together the brown rice, melted butter and egg yolks. Gently press mixture in to a pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Allow the pumpkin to cool slightly.
4. In a bowl lightly beat the eggs, adding in ricotta, milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Mix through the basil.
6. Arrange pumpkin and goats cheese in the pie base, then pour over the mixture. Top with the figs.
7. Bake for around 40 minutes.
**Optional – Remove from oven lightly brush the figs with a little honey or pure maple syrup then pop under the grill for a few minutes.
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like…
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.