- ¼ cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine.
Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken.
Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken.
Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
(Recipe Credited to Fitness Recipes Facebook Page)
** FOLLOW OUR HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!! CLICK HERE! **
You might also like:
Recipe suggestions from Red E Personal Training – your Mackay Personal Trainers.