- 500g minced beef
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 capsicum
- 2 carrots
- Half head of cauliflower
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 sachet tomato paste
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 10-20g cacao powder
- Juice of a lime
1. Heat a large pot/pan add olive oil, onion, celery, capsicum and carrot.
2. Add the mince and cook until browned.
3. Add chilli, garlic, beans, tomatoes & tomato paste
4. Add cauliflower, cacao and spices.
5. Allow to simmer at low heat for as long as you can.
6. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
7. For lunch, serve with brown rice and avocado
8. For dinner, serve with a fresh green salad and avocado
*Cacao is a strong flavour so start with a small amount and add it gradually to your liking.
**This recipe makes a large amount so you can feed your whole family and have plenty left overs for the week. It will freeze well.
***This recipe is delicious!