POSITION AVAILABLE – FITNESS TRAINER
WANTED: Personal Trainer For Leading
Mackay Personal Training Studio
A Positive Attitude and Exceptional People Skills, I Have A Fun and Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just for You!”
Red E Personal Training
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding fitness trainer position I have available.
So let me tell you about my company and the training position.
My name is Selina Wright and I run a company called Red E Personal Training in Mackay. Red E is a private fitness studio in Mackay’s City Heart, which has been providing health and fitness solutions to Mackay locals since 2004. We specialise in:
Semi-Private Training (featuring our FAST System)
We have a large database of clients and we pride ourselves in our one-on-one personal approach and treating every client as the individual they are. We were voted Mackay’s Best Personal Trainers in 2016. My studio is located at 1/10 Brisbane Street, down the River end.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customised fitness programs and dietary assistance.
In order to continue continue giving our clients the best possible service, we are looking for more exceptional staff to join our team, to assist in the Studio with One-on-One and Semi-Private Personal Training as well as our popular Mackay Bootcamp for Women.
You must be a passionate, enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to join our team.
If you are hired for this position, you’ll begin taking One-on-One clients in the studio and Group Personal Training and Bootcamp sessions at various locations, right away. You will need to be available to work early mornings starting from 5.30am and/or evening sessions up until 8.00pm, and this will be on a structured roster.
You will have some clients right away and take some Bootcamp sessions straight away, but we will work together to increase your hours to up to the maximum YOU wish to work, if of course that’s the path you want to take. I’m flexible to work with you and your career and financial goals, so in offering this position to you, I need you to be flexible to accommodate any changes determining the hours you work – I’m looking for a committed team member who is wanting a career in this industry for the long term.
You will start with a 12 week trial after which we will discuss the next direction we will take. You will be paid as per the Fitness Industry Award 2010, with opportunities to progress. When you’re successful getting through this round of the application process, we will explain this more.
My facility offers a professional, fun environment, a variety of training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training department within our studio.
I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. My studio, my clients, and my fitness is my passion. You will be treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others – because that’s what we do in my studio.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
- Take One-on-One and Semi-Private Personal Training Clients in the Studio and Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge. Your sessions have to be fun and motivating, whilst working towards the client’s individual goals, and you need to keep them excited to keep coming back to your sessions.
- Run Group Personal Training Sessions and Bootcamp for Women Sessions: You will be shown the format for all of our Group Training sessions and you will have to document and submit all session plans. You will have to ensure your sessions plans have a ‘difference’ – to make them fun and interesting so that the clients always expect something new and different.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a regular basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through their program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you are working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
- Systems and Paperwork: Every position requires some paperwork. You will be expected to follow the Red E Personal Training Systems without skipping a beat. This will include regular contact with clients outside of their training sessions, and forms and documentation to be kept up to date at all times.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Exceptional Communication Skills – you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality – You MUST LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them. At the end of the day, it’s my clients who will ‘hire and fire’ you.
- Cert III or IV in Fitness: You do not need personal training experience, but you do need to have your qualifications, and knowledge of what is required for the training of clients. You should be walking the walk as well as talking the talk. You need to have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
- Senior First Aid/CPR – This is must and a requirement of Red E Personal Training and all Fitness Insurers for the industry across Australia.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- Additional recognised certifications
- Fitness Association Registration
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below with your details and we will contact you by phone:
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Red E Personal Training
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. I am extremely passionate and serious about this!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!
1/10 Brisbane Street
Mackay, QLD, 4740
Copyright 2013, Red E Personal Training Pty Ltd(All Rights Reserved)